Drug Information Center
The Drug Information Center responds to requests regarding:
- Therapeutic use of drugs (on-label or off-label)
- Adverse drug reactions
- Drug-drug and drug-herbal interactions
- IV compatibility
- Availability of new products
- Herbal products, dietary supplements and over-the-counter products
- Pregnancy and lactation compatibility
- Drug dosing and administration
In addition to responding to drug information questions to the state of Kansas, our staff provides contractual services to InpharmD. The contractual services include creating curated responses to clinical inquiries submitted by healthcare professionals and developing formulary drug monographs for Pharmacy and Therapeutics.
The Drug Information Center also serves as an advanced pharmacy practice experience (APPE) rotation site to educate students in retrieval of drug information using available resources, literature evaluation, and communicating drug information to patients and health care professionals in verbal and written form. In addition, our students participate in research that investigates the accuracy and completeness of drug information resources.
See Drug Information Center Resources for a searchable selection of drug information resources.