Financial Aid and Scholarships
KU School of Pharmacy Scholarships
Thanks to the generosity of our alumni, donors and KU Endowment, the School of Pharmacy will award approximately $700,000 in scholarships and grants to Pharm.D. students for the upcoming academic year.
Academic performance and financial need are two important determinants of Scholarships and Awards.
Certain funds and awards have preferences that may include first-generation college students, those from a rural area, or individuals from under-represented backgrounds.
Approximately 72% of Pharm.D. scholarship applicants receive some level of financial support.
Eligibility Requirements for Scholarships at the KU School of Pharmacy:
- Must be admitted to the KU School of Pharmacy
- Must be a full-time student
- Must have and maintain a GPA of 2.5 or better
To Apply for KU School of Pharmacy Scholarships
- U.S. Citizens - Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) »
- International Students - Complete the Institutional Student Need Analysis Worksheet (ISNAW) 2023-24 (log in w/KU Online ID required)
- Both U.S. Citizens and International Students - Complete the KU School of Pharmacy Scholarships Application (log in w/KU Online ID required)
- Incoming P2, P3 and P4 Students - Application deadline: April 30, 2023
- Incoming P1 Students - Application deadline: TBD
- Students selected for scholarships will be notified in August via email
- Awards are made for the full academic year with 50% of the award applied to each semester (50% fall, 50% spring).
- Those who receive endowment scholarships are required to send a thank you letter to the donor.
Financial Aid Resources from AACP
The American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP) provides the following financial aid resources that may be helpful for KU students or prospective students. KU School of Pharmacy is a member of AACP.
Financial Literacy Resources
AACP has partnered with College Ave Student Loans to provide pharmacy school students with private student loan options to help pay for their pharmacy education. In addition, College Ave has created educational information on important topics relating to budgeting, debt and financial aid. Visit Financial Literacy (AACP) to learn more.
Visit KU Financial Aid & Scholarships for information about the financial aid and scholarships available through the University of Kansas.
About FAFSA and Institutional Student Need Analysis Worksheet
For questions about the FAFSA, Institutional Student Need Analysis Worksheet, loan eligibility, program costs or additional assistance, contact Kevin Foster, the KU Financial Aid & Scholarships liason to KU School of Pharmacy, at email@example.com or 785-864-0936.
About School of Pharmacy Scholarships Application
For questions about the KU School of Pharmacy scholarships application, including changes after submission, contact Patricia McCaffery at firstname.lastname@example.org or 785-864-9692.