The KU School of Pharmacy offers a five-day summer camp each summer for high school students interested in a career in pharmacy. The hands-on experience, coupled with classroom instruction and on-site pharmacy visits allow you to see if a career in pharmacy is right for you.
- Explore pharmacy career options
- Learn basic pharmacy lab techniques such as compounding, emulsions, and suspensions
- Meet KU School of Pharmacy faculty members and administrators
- Learn how to perform diagnostic tests such as hypertension and blood glucose screenings
- Learn more about asthma and respiratory disease states
- Tour local hospitals, retail, and specialty pharmacies
- Spend a week living in the KU dorms
The camp is open to high school juniors, seniors, and incoming college freshmen.
Contact us for more information about upcoming summer camps.