- Earn an overall GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Complete the Pre-Pharmacy Curriculum with a grade of C or higher in all courses.
- The pre-pharmacy classes may be taken at any accredited university or community college.
- Use KU CredTran to determine if your coursework will transfer to KU and meet the pre-pharmacy course requirements. The CredTran system will also tell you if the course satisfies a KU Core goal. If you have any questions or cannot find a specific course, please contact School of Pharmacy Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit KU Undergraduate Admissions' Community College Transfer Guide for information about transfering credits from a community college.
- All laboratory components of the pre-pharmacy curriculum must be completed in a campus laboratory. Virtual or offsite laboratory courses are not accepted.
Pre-Pharmacy Curriculum and KU Core
All degree programs require students to satisfy the KU Core requirements. Learn about the KU Core.
Pre-Pharmacy Courses that satisfy KU Core Requirements
- An associate of arts degree from a Kansas institution meets KU Core goals 1 - 3
- An earned bachelor’s degree meets KU Core goals 1 - 6
- The 15 credit hours of Pre-Pharmacy general studies electives can be completed by selecting courses that will also satisfy the following KU Core requirements:
- KU Core Goal 1: Outcome 1 - Critical Thinking
- KU Core Goal 3: Outcome ? – Arts & Humanities
- KU Core Goal 4: Outcome 1 – Diversity in the United States
- KU Core Goal 4: Outcome 2 – Global Awareness