Distinguished Professor Valentino Stella earned a B.Pharm. from the Victorian College of Pharmacy in Parkville, Victoria, Australia and a Ph.D. from the University of Kansas.
General research interests might be defined as the application of physical organic chemistry to solving pharmaceutical problems (prodrugs, drug stability, biopharmaceutics and pharmacokinetics, especially as they relate to prodrugs, dissolution and other phase transport phenomena, etc. Specifically:
2. Novel drug delivery systems.
3. Preformulation studies on parenteral cytotoxic and antiAIDs drugs.
4. Development and assessment of novel, modified cyclodextrins.
5. Sulfenamides as prodrugs.
6. Novel peroxide scavengers
- Drug stability
- Drug formulation