School of Pharmacy Pharm.D. Program
Class Scheduling and Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
For university-wide updates, visit coronavirus.ku.edu.
NOTE: As we continue to monitor the situation with COVID-19, University and School of Pharmacy policies may change. Students should continue to monitor their KU email accounts for specific updates.
- In accordance with current KU policy, fall classes will begin on August 24 and continue through Nov. 24, at which point students are asked to leave campus for the semester. After Thanksgiving, there will be a study week, followed by a week of final exams conducted remotely. There will not be a Labor Day holiday or Fall Break.
- Classes have been designed so students can attend in person. For those who are uncomfortable meeting in-person or have medical conditions that make it unsafe for them to do so, classes will also be streamed live via Zoom. Recordings of the lectures will also be available.
- As healthcare professionals, we all understand the inherent risks we take when caring for patients and interacting with the public. We will, however, do whatever we can to minimize that risk for the didactic portion of your education. To that end, all students should leave the building promptly after classes. The study rooms, student lounge, basement and other common areas are temporarily closed. We will continue to monitor the situation closely with the aim of opening these spaces to students as soon as it is safe to do so.
- We rely on you to help us keep everyone safe during this time. Students should not congregate in the classrooms, hallways or outside the building.
- Per university policy, students, faculty, and staff must wear masks at all times and on all areas of campus. No food or drink is allowed in the classrooms.
- All school-sponsored extracurricular activities are postponed until further notice, including in-person student organization meetings and events.
- School-sponsored travel is temporarily suspended per university policy.